Thursday, July 4, 2013

Reflection Bragging

Well, it's been a year. Literally. Last year, about this time, I was preparing to go to library school boot camp. Yes, boot camp. I know that some people might roll their eyes when I use that term "boot camp" because in their minds I read, laughed, and sipped coffee that week while on a mini vacation with sixty of my fellow classmates.

They were wrong.

I worked that week. Probably more than I worked in the past few years since graduation from Trinity. And, looking back from my midway point, I appreciate the experience and the ambition that it inspired in me. I earned my credits that week. And I'm proud of them.

So, if you are looking to begin a career in library and information science, I encourage you to take the leap. Maybe you will be fortunate enough to experience boot camp for yourself. And when you get to your midway point, you will be able to do some reflection bragging like I did. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment